This is such good advice. If every church member used it as a guideline in addition to the Bible, our churches would be much different and have much more power for winning the lost and making disciples out of new Christians. I have no idea who wrote it, but it is full of wisdom.
In growing a healthy, fruit-bearing church, try this plan:
Plant three rows of squash:
- Squash gossip
- Squash criticism
- Squash indifference
Plant seven rows of peas:
Plant seven heads of lettuce:
- Let us be unselfish and loyal
- Let us be faithful to duty
- Let us search the Scriptures
- Let us not be weary in well-doing
- Let us be obedient in all things
- Let us be truthful
- Let us love one another
No garden is complete without turnips:
- Turn up for church
- Turn up for meetings, in prayer, and Bible study
- Turn up with a smile, even when things are difficult
- Turn up with determination to do your best in God’s service
After planting, may you grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3: 18).
And may you reap rich results.
Check out my other sites:
Handbook for Victorious Christian Living – Practical ways to learn to live a victorious Christian life